There are plenty of nice cooking usages of microwave ovens. Today I will cover 5 out of them which are needed in our day to day life. These are super easy and less time consuming.
Most people have a microwave at their home, but many do not know how to use it to make healthy recipes. Most people use them to defrost canned foods or warming ready-made foods. But since those are higher in salt content, so they are very unhealthy.
Microwaves enable food to be cooked effectively quicker, and most foods are easy to make and healthy to eat. There is no need to use a cooker, steamer, grill, or other cooking equipment. All you need to cook a complete nutritious meal is a microwave. Below you will find many simple recipes.
Healthy Microwave Cooking Recipes
- Cook Vegetables (Steamed) – When you boil vegetables, all the nutrients are wasted or transferred in the water, so unless you make soup in stock, all nutrition will go to the drain. You can keep the nutrition intact by cooking the vegetables under steam inside a microwave. By heating the vegetables in the microwave, you keep all the nutrients intact. Place the vegetables in a small bowl of water at the bottom (if frozen, you do not need water), and cover with a secure microwave lid. Cook over medium heat for two minutes, then stir. If it is not cooked thoroughly, make it another minute, then continue until you get to where you like.
- Cook Fish – Fish is high in protein and very healthy too. If you use fatty fish, they are high in omega-3 fatty acids. Cooking fish in the microwave is easy and can be cooked in steam like vegetables. However, one of the best ways is to put it in a microwave bag and cook for a few minutes at full power.
- Baked potatoes – Cooking baked potatoes in the oven will take at least 45 minutes and use a lot of electricity. Potatoes should be thoroughly cleaned, as you need to eat them, including the skin, which is very nutritious. Attach a fork or knife to the potatoes a few times. This prevents it from exploding. Cook for five mins at full power, then turn it on and cook for another four to five minutes. When done, add a little butter, some tuna, and spices for healthy eating and filling.
- Cook Eggs (Scrambled) – It is quick and super easy to cook the scrambled eggs recipe. Use a large bowl, use an oil spray to make it sticky, or use a little butter. Add the eggs you want, and cook for one minute. Stir, and cook for another 30 sec. Mix again, and cook for the last 15 to 30 seconds. The result is a quick bowl of cracked eggs. Some chefs prefer to add a little milk, so use semi-skimmed if this is your favorite.
- Making Popcorn – For a quick meal, buy plain popcorn at the store. It should be clear and unsalted. Anything else will not be healthy. Cook as per the instruction, and you will have a lung dish that you will enjoy. You can eat plain popcorn as you wish. It contains a small amount of fiber that is very good for the digestive system.
From the examples above, you can see that cooking a healthy microwave is not only easy but very fast. Not only do you make your life better, but you also save money because microwaves are much cheaper to use. For items that need to be cooked in the oven, half-cooked in the microwave first can be taken half of the time.