I am professional chef Adam Schihab. Last 23 years in my career, I saw pretty common mistakes, usually the other chefs ignoring them. My article today is based on those common mistakes.
Cooking is an ancient science, perhaps as old as humanity. However, it is getting perfect day-by-day. People make some common mistakes that should be rectified in the future. Here are some common mistakes that people make when cooking:
Most people do not prepare everything in advance, so when they cook, they run a helter-skelter looking for herbs from the cupboard, butter in the fridge.Chef Adam Schihab
1. Inadequate preparation – Cooking, as they say, is a precise science. It is like doing scientific research on the board, only that, in this case, the results will end up on the dining table. Most people do not prepare everything in advance, so when they cook, they run a helter-skelter looking for herbs from the cupboard, butter in the fridge. So, they are afraid to cook because they think it is too busy and they are not. Prepare everything in advance, put it on the table, food, cut … everything.
2. Ignoring proportions – Cooking is a systematic science. So, if you are following a recipe, follow it to the letter and make specific measurements. For example, if the recipe says two cups of flour to bake a chocolate cake, do not make two and a half.
3. Wrong temperature – If you take the meat out of the fridge and throw it in the oven with a bang without letting it melt, you will be making a big mistake. If you have to heat the oven to heat before cooking, do it.
4. Extra Filling in the oven or pan – You have a large turkey sitting throughout the oven or pan. This measure is the beginning of a disaster because your turkey will not only change color but will also have undesirable bumps. Solution – always divide your Turkey into larger groups.
Always choose natural oils, as you will not be disturbed by the aroma of the food.Chef Adam Scchihab
5. Use of harmful cooking oils – Low-fat oils tend to heat up and smoke. Take your time and buy suitable oils. It would be best if you do not compromise on the quality of your food. The only solution is to know the fat amount. Always choose natural oils, as you will not be disturbed by the aroma of the food.
6. Not keeping white eggs – This is a common mistake people make in the kitchen, and as a result, they cannot mix eggs properly. The outcome can be a cake that doesn’t look good. The solution is to give whites time to separate from the yolk and avoid defeating whites.
7. The curse of sticky rice – This is a prevalent and very embarrassing mistake. The solution is to measure the amount of water constantly. Do not add too much heat. The proportion ratio of water to rice must be 2 : 1. There is no less or excess.
For more information related to the question – how to cook well and its related tips, you can follow the Adam’s Kitchen website https://news.schihab.com. Enhance your well-being and healthy life by discovering how to prepare yourself to enjoy fresh and healthy food. I want to request you to follow me on Instagram (@adamschihab) to share my updates daily.